This edited volume includes theories, findings, strategies, and tools from across education and technological disciplines. Guiding readers through preparation, design, and examples of implementation, this pioneering reference clarifies LA methods as not mere data collection but sophisticated, systems-based analysis with practical applicability inside the classroom and in the larger world.
Case studies illustrate applications of LA throughout academic settings (e.g., intervention, advisement, technology design), and their resulting impact on pedagogy and learning. The goal is to bring greater efficiency and deeper engagement to individual students, learning communities, and educators, as chapters show diverse uses of learning analytics to:
- Enhance student and faculty performance.
- Improve student understanding of course material.
- Assess and attend to the needs of struggling learners.
- Improve accuracy in grading.
- Allow instructors to assess and develop their own strengths.
- Encourage more efficient use of resources at the institutional level
Item InfoURL: http://www.springer.com/gp/book/9781461433040
Publication Date: July, 2014
Author(s): Johann Larusson and Brandon Ari White