BrainPOP, a leading creator of digital educational content including animated movies, learning games, interactive quizzes, and activities like concept mapping, seeks a dedicated Educational Data Analyst to join our growing Data team. This job’s focus is the translation of data into expert recommendations that help shape our assessment of student learning, pipeline, production, business development, marketing, and other efforts. In this role, you will also lead efforts into internal efficacy/effectiveness research at BrainPOP. The position is full-time and based at our New York City headquarters, where you’ll work alongside an energetic and passionate group in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
- Analyzing large-scale data sets,
- Leading efforts into the efficacy/effectiveness of BrainPOP products using big data and quasi-experimental methodology,
- Using data insights to inform design teams as they execute new products,
- Using data to define typical user characteristics and learning pathways throughout BrainPOP’s content,
- Growing and fostering a data-driven company culture.
- Demonstrated experience working with large-scale datasets and data mining techniques,
- Training and experience in education research,
- Proficiency with R or an equivalent statistical programming language,
- Background in statistics, ideally in the social sciences.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Is passionate about improving education,
- Has experience working in education or with educators (teaching, curriculum development),
- Has a familiarity with evidence-centered design methodology,
- Possesses the ability to work both in a team and independently,
- Has excellent data communication skills,
- Has web, database, or software programming experience,
- Holds a related Masters or PhD, or equivalent work experience.
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include “Educational Data Analyst” in the SUBJECT field. No phone calls or recruiters, please.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://about.brainpop.com/job/educational-data-analyst/ →