Job No.: 597990
Location: Clayton campus
Employment Type: Full-time
Duration: Continuing appointment
Remuneration: $97,203 – $115,429 pa Level B (plus 17% employer superannuation) / $119,072 – $137, 298 pa Level C (plus 17% employer superannuation)
- Be inspired, every day
- Drive your own learning at one of the world’s top 80 universities
- Take your career in exciting, rewarding directions
Everyone needs a platform to launch a satisfying career. At Monash, we give you the space and support to take your career in all kinds of exciting new directions. You’ll have access to quality research, infrastructure and learning facilities, opportunities to collaborate internationally, as well as the grants you’ll need to publish your work. We’re a university full of energetic and enthusiastic minds, driven to challenge what’s expected, expand what we know, and learn from other inspiring, empowering thinkers.
Monash University strongly advocates diversity, equality, fairness and openness. We fully support the gender equity principles of the Athena SWAN Charter and invite you to join us in celebrating women in STEMM.
The Faculty of Information Technology at Monash University is proud to be establishing a leading international research group in learning analytics and the education hub for developing students, researchers, professionals, and leaders in learning analytics!
This innovative group is led by pioneers of learning analytics and critical data studies and is currently composed of four core faculty members and over 20 affiliate members. The group’s research program is focused on three key strands including i) learning analytics in assessment and feedback; ii) curriculum and employment analytics; and iii) emerging themes in learning analytics such as multimodal learning analytics, machine behaviour, and human-AI collaboration in learning.
The activities of the group include research projects with national and international partners, innovative applications of learning analytics across all levels of education and a range of industries, leadership of international field building activities, academic leadership in strategic adoption of learning analytics, and development of students, researchers, professionals, and leaders.
The group is currently rapidly expending and is proud to offer several positions, including:
- A continuing research and teaching focused Lecturer/Senior Lecturer (Level B/C) position in learning analytics (tenure-track Assistant/Associate professor equivalent)
- Four postdoctoral research fellowships in learning analytics with three-year long appointments and with an option to be renewed for an extra year
- Two software developers of learning analytics-based systems with three-year long appointments and renewable for an extra year
- Five fully-funded PhD studentships in learning analytics
Lecturer / Senior Lecturer (Level B or Level C)
This is an incredible opportunity to join Australia’s leading IT faculty, and applicants from all areas of learning analytics are welcomed. Priority will be given to applicants with research interest in the following areas:
- Machine learning and artificial intelligence foundations of learning analytics;
- Human-centred learning analytics;
- Fairness, accountability, and transparency in learning analytics;
- Measurement and assessment science in learning analytics;
- Multimodal learning analytics; and
- Learning science foundations of learning analytics.
The successful candidate will be expected to contribute to research, teaching and engagement activities, establish a research program in learning analytics, seek for external funding opportunities, publish in leading international venues, supervise higher degree research students, and participate in and contribute to leadership of activities of the learning analytics group.
This role is a full-time position; however, flexible working arrangements may be negotiated.
At Monash University, we are committed to being a Child Safe organisation. This position at the University will require the incumbent to hold a valid Working with Children Check.
For instructions on how to apply, please refer to “How to apply for Monash Jobs”.
Professor Dragan Gasevic, 03 9905 3293, email@example.com
To apply for this job please visit careers.pageuppeople.com.