The Society for Learning Analytics Research is proud to announce an open call for nominations for a new role on the SoLAR Executive Committee. We are now accepting nominations for an Inclusion Chair. This new chair would be a member of the SoLAR Executive Committee and would serve for a term of two years before becoming eligible for re-election to the Executive Committee.
The Inclusion Chair role and responsibilities will include but is not limited to the following:
- recruit and oversee the Inclusion Working Group/Portfolio,
- develop a strategic plan aimed at the society’s goal to promote, elevate and foster an open and inclusive environment; recruit a balanced, diverse (gender, geographic, thematic, etc.) and welcoming membership,
- work with the SoLAR Executive and Inclusion Working Group to implement and monitor inclusion and diversity initiatives within the strategic plan,
- collaborate with the Strategic Planning Working Group to ensure the alignment of inclusion initiatives with overall SoLAR strategy,
- work with the Communications Chair to ensure dissemination of activities,
- measure and present the impact and overall effectiveness of inclusion initiatives.
As stated, this is an open call for nominations. Only those who have valid 2018 SoLAR memberships are eligible to nominate and vote for Executive Positions. To renew or join, visit: https://solaresearch.org/membership/.
To nominate, please email the below information to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line, “Inclusion Chair Nomination,” by April 17, 2018. Voting will begin on April 19, 2018 and will close on May 1, 2018. All dates and times in Eastern Time.
- Provide a short explanation of your ideas for the roles, responsibilities and outcomes of the Inclusion Chair and this new working group (max 200 words)
- Short biography (max 200 words)
- Photo – jpg suitable for web